About me

I play a paladin. These are my ramblings about what's going on with my character Denethal in the game.

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Lich King - A plague no more?

The Lich King is at our grasp with "The Pug" now. We haven't downed him yet, which I find a tad dissapointing. As our favorite guild-tree, Treeston, put it, it's a shame that we haven't, as "we should be doing hardmodes and can't even down LK 10 normal."

And I have to agree with him. It is a shame. And I think I know the reason for it as well.

People fail to read up on the tactics or discuss them properly before we do an attempt.
Of course, you can read up only so much and watching a movie about it can be confusing until you've actually tried to do the boss yourself and see what they really meant. That part I can understand. I make mistakes, we all do. But mistakes should be rectified. Always.

It is clear to me, that we'll be frequent visitors at Arthas's place, until he decides to kick us out for the evening with the excuse that it's late and he needs to get up early for the first raid attempts in the morning.
Atleast until we get ourselves straightened out.

We all need to make sure that everybody knows what to do. So far, we got phase 1 nailed down, few people make mistakes there, if any. And we're getting better and better at phase 2 with every attempt. We are learning.

However, the transition between phase 1 and 2 is hillarious.

Atleast to me. It cracks me up every time I see 3-5(!) people getting thrown off the edge in the transition. Litterally cracks me up. It puts me in a good mood to see that while I might not be among the best (yet!). I'm far from the worst.

However, it worries me that people actually manage to do just that. It's evident that they are not paying attention to their surroundings and to the tactics at hand. They simply have not bothered to read up on what's going on. Or they have, but forgets the tactics while in combat.

We got the gear, atleast most of us do. Now we just have to get rid of the M&S-tendencies and we'll be doing hardmodes instead of normal modes. Or as I prefer to call it: Normal modes instead of easy-mode.

On a sidenote: We got spammed while preparing for an attempt on the Lich King. By the Trial of the Grand Crusader hardmode 50 out of 50 tries remaining achievement server first. Many of us found this fun and some even started to look at what other server first achievements were not done. This might get fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment