About me

I play a paladin. These are my ramblings about what's going on with my character Denethal in the game.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Confessions.

I have a confession to make.

In all my time raiding I have not watched a single movie about how to do things. Never had the use for doing so. I hardly read tactics before a fight as well, especially during Wrath of the Lich King, where most fights appeared so obvious on what to do after a testrun, that most of the time, I knew what to do next.

A few pointers now and then was needed, of course. Listening to what others want you to do in a raid environment is just fitting, isn't it?

Even worse, though, I didn't really read up on how stats really worked either. Not that it ever really mattered. It was trivial information you could deduce from just looking at your own stats and talents.
This often led to my specs being non-Elitist Jerk optimalized, but more specialized into what I was doing at the time.

And yet, I never struggled, nor made I the rest of the raid struggle because of me.

You could call me a slacker, but I wouldn't use that term on myself. I'm a learning-by-doing kind of person and I seldom have to do things more than once to understand how something works and how to prevent that thing from happening again later on.
Of course.. There are many things that can cause the famous "Meep." moments in this game and I do belive I've been through most of them.

Most of the time just to see what would happen if I do something, I'll admit that.
And for me, that's perfect. I like to experiment, see how things work for my self and put stuff back together.
It's fun. And playing in this manner is, for me, fun.

Experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment